Objectives of the Committee
- To form a Students Council as per the circular of University of Mumbai.
- To elect General Secretary of the student for the college.
- To organize Orientation program for the first year students and parents.
- To arrange Voter Registration campaigns for students and staff.
- To create awareness amongst staff and teachers for paying Income Tax by getting PAN card made at a very nominal rate through a Govt. agency.
- Prize Distribution Ceremony cum Annual day is organized every year to motivate students who excel in academics and extra-curricular activities.
- Dr. (Mrs) Anjum Ara Ahmad (Convenor)
- Mrs. Vandana Joshi
- Mrs. Shahida Shaikh
- Mrs. Shweta Pandey
- Mr Sameer Charania
- Dr Alkama Faqih
- Mr Ali Ahmad
The Student's Council for the Academic Year 2016-2017 consisted of the following student members who looked after the welfare of the students, organized, supervised and coordinated the activities of the various student Associations.
|Sr. No.||Class||Div||Roll No.||Student Name|
|1||FYBA||A||37||Anas Ali Laeeq Ali|
|2||SYBA||A||58||Afifa Naz Mohd Kauj|
|3||TYBA||A||15||Saima Asif Imrana Shaikh|
|4||FYBCom||E||919||Qurrat Ul Ain Sagir|
|5||SYBCom||A||93||Latif Aavez Mansoor|
|6||TYBCom||B||231||Gulbahar Gulzar Shaikh|
|7||FYBSc||A||112||Reshma Banu Abdul|
|8||SYBSc||A||61||Hosanera Humaun Shah|
|9||TYBSc||A||47||Rani Sinha Sanjeev|
|10||FYBSc IT||A||52||Javed Jahur Khan|
|11||SYBSc IT||A||27||Zubair Raees Qureshi|
|12||TYBSc IT||A||2||Mohd Husain Sayed Abidi|
|13||FYBSc CS||A||58||Pooja Sharanappa Anju W|
|15||SYBAF||A||10||Chandni Devi Prabhakar|
|16||TYBAF||A||2||Ansari Bushra Afzal Ali|
|17||FYBBI||A||19||Mehraj Fatima Faiq H|
|18||SYBBI||A||43||Rizvi Syed Zeeshan Abbas|
|19||TYBBI||A||14||Heena Anwar Kausar M|
|20||FYBMM||A||32||Arshi Qamar Alam|
|21||SYBMM||A||25||Ibtisam Fatima Mohd F|
|22||TYBMM||A||2||Mohd Aadil Ahmed Badshah|
|23||FYBMS||B||75||Tatheer Fatema Qamar|
|24||SYBMS||B||143||Md Imran Maulana Md S.|
|25||TYBMS||A||59||Zareen Sameer Shaikh|
|26||Cultural Representative||Khan Sajid Mohd Abdul|
|27||DLLE Representative||Mariyam Imaduddin Ziaee|
|28||Girls` Representative||Kazi Mansha Adil|
|29||NCC Representative||Khan Hussain|
|30||NSS Representative||Rahul Gupta|
|31||WDC Representative||Kainath Khan|
Report of Voters Awareness Campaign and Making of Voter id organized in the Year 2013-14
In Mumbai and Maharashtra the percentage of polling was frequently found to be very poor in a series of elections. It might be because of the lack of interest in voting or some technical errors. But whatever may be the reason this tends to spoil the future of youngsters. MR. ABIS RIZVI – Secretary of Rizvi Education Society initiated with a thought of making youngsters as the registered voters so that they are capable to choose what and who is right for them. This thought took a great speed when he involved all the Colleges & Institutes under the banner of Rizvi Education Society for this campaign. He created a team of teachers and students in each College. Finally, after a long journey of meetings and discussions, the process got started.
In order to bring this thought into progressive activity, a meeting was held with Senior Election Officers. We invited them and other sister concern colleges under Rizvi Banner to our college. The Election Officers explained us the proper and regular procedure for applying the Voter ID in Bulk.
- To Create awareness amongst students regarding significance of voting
- Providing Voters ID to the eligible students free of cost and free of hectic processing
- To convert all 18+ years students “A Registered Voter”
A notice was circulated in the college and students were instructed to apply for Voters ID through the College itself. The Form No. 6 was made filled by all the 18+ years’ students and their necessary documents were collected. These Forms were submitted to suitable constituencies amongst 277 constituencies. At the time of submission acknowledgements were requested from all the constituencies but unfortunately each and every constituency was not so very helpful to provide acknowledgement of the same.
- The constituencies were not ready to accept all the forms and many form were rejected from their side for minor errors
- We had to resend the rejected forms in second lot.
- All the constituencies did not give proper acknowledgements
- Students were able to apply for Voters ID in an easier and convenient way
- 100% students(above1900), who are eligible for Voters ID but not registered, applied through the College
- Total 928 students of our College applied through the college in first lot.
- The rejected forms and new applications were sent to the respective constituencies
- More than 50% students received their Voter IDs
- All the students who received their Voter Ids did not report to us hence it was difficult to keep a record of exact count of students who received the same.
- Many students complained that they didn’t receive their Voter ID nor any notification in that regards.
List of forms submitted in the 1st Round
|List of forms submitted in the 2nd Round to Rizvi House|
|SR NO.||CON. NO.||NAME||NO.|
|1||134||BHIWANDI RURAL (SC)||1|
|26||171||MANKURD SHIVAJI NAGAR||17|
Dr (Mrs.)Anjum Ara Ahmad
Convenor Students Council