Committee Members (2016-17):-
Dr. Rajendra Chaudhary – Convenor
Dr. Ashfaq Khan
Ms. Shaikh Shahida
Mr. Anand Deshpande
Mr. Qamar Haider
Rizvi College is committed to providing access to fair and impartial appeal and complaint resolution processes. A grievance is a difference or dispute between student and an administrator, faculty member or member of the classified staff which affect the activities or status of a student.
Any student who believes he / she has been treated unfairly, discriminated against cast / creed/ religion etc. or have had their rights abridged may initiate a grievance within one year from the event giving rise to the complaint.
Rizvi College’s approach to student appeal and complaint resolution emphasizes:
- Fairness and impartiality
- Handling of grievances informally wherever possible
- Principles of natural justice and procedural fairness
- Effective, reciprocal communication and feedback
- Resolution of grievances as early as possible and as close as possible to the source of dissatisfaction.
- Student has been well explained about their rights and duties as a student at the time of their 1st year orientation program.
- They are encouraged to raise complaints informally in the first instance. However, students may at any stage submit a formal complaint to the authority or in drop-box specially installed at various places within campus.
- Wherever possible issues should be discussed with the staff member concerned who has immediate responsibility for the decision or matter.
- If an effective solution cannot be found the complaint may be referred to the staff member who is responsible for the area.
- A response to a complaint will be made as quickly as possible and will inform the student of the decision, the basis for the decision and information on further avenues for appeal.
The authority encourages students to seek advice on grievance mechanism from the Convenor of the Committee, who may play an advocacy role from time to time.