The graduate teaching and labs are well developed. The degrees offered by the department have reputations and values in different circles of life. Students are getting jobs in industrial and academic institutes of the country and abroad. The department has sufficient number of well qualified academic staff.
Though the pressure of tests and projects cannot be denied, it is not relentless – there is time enough for discussion and dreaming, for participation in extra-curricular activities, and for fun and fellowship.
For Further Details Please Contact : email@example.com
Physics Department / Science Association Activities 2015-2016.
- Dr. Abhay Ranade (Head of the Department)
- A member of Board of studies in Physics of the University of Mumbai. Attended one day workshop on revised syllabus of Physics for S. Y. B. Sc. on Nov 19, 2015 at V. G. Vaze College, Mulund.
- Attended CAP in the subject Physics P-IV at T. Y. B. Sc. Sem VI, second half of 2015.
- Worked as an external examiner in Physics at B. N. Bandodkar College of Science, Thane for three day (22nd March to 26th March, 2016.)
- A proposal of minor research project of University of Mumbai is accepted and a grant of Rs. 62000/- has been sanctioned as per letter dt. 8th Feb, 2016.
- A text book of S. Y. B. Sc. Revised syllabus in Physics is under process.
- Mr. Vishwas Deshmukh
- Attended CAP for Sem VI and Sem V examination during second half of 2015.
- Attended one week short term course in “Research Methodology in Basic Science” at R. J. College, Ghatkoper from 14th Dec, 2015 to 19th Dec, 2015.
- Worked as an external examiner in Physics practical Sem V - VI in Oct, 2015 and March / April, 2016.
- Will be working as Co-investigator with Dr. Abhay Ranade for minor research project, University of Mumbai.
- Conducting Post Graduate lectures at M. Sc. Physics, (Part I and Part II) for Sem III (Electronics Telecommunication) and Sem II (Advance Electronics) at Mithibai College (for Sem III) and Bhavan’s College for (Sem II) total workload two lectures per week.
- Research guidance given to a students at “AVISHKAR” Research competition. The student qualified for zonal round at University of Mumbai in Dec, 2015.
- Mr. Moharram Ali Khan
- Attended CAP for Sem VI - V examination during second half of 2015.
- Attended one week short term course in “Research Methodology in Basic Science” at Jhunjunwala College Ghatkoper from 14th Dec, 2015 to 19th Dec, 2015.
- Conducting Post Graduate lectures at M. Sc. Physics, (Part I) at Bhavan’s College. Total workload two lectures per week.
- Registered for Ph. D. Programme at Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded on Sep, 2015.
- Worked as an external examiner in Physics practical Sem VI in March / April, 2016.
- Member of IQAC committee of Rizvi College, Bandra (West) Mumbai 50.
- Attended one day workshop on NAAC awareness-I on 14th Oct, 2015 at Marathwada University, Namded.
- Attended one day workshop on revised syllabus of S. Y. B.Sc. at V. G. Vaze College on 19th Nov, 2015.
- Dr. Rajesh Gowda
- CTO (Care Taking Officer) of NCC Unit of Rizvi College.
- Attended science academics refresher course on “Applications of Quantum Mechanics” held at University of Mumbai campus conducted by Physics Department University of Mumbai in collaboration with Science Academics 21st Dec, 2015 to 4th Jan, 2016.
- Attended Science academics Refresher course on “Quantum Mechanics” held at Government Arts College PG and Research Department of Physics from 8th Feb, 2016 to 20th Feb, 2016.
- Attended one day workshop on “Workshop on API for College Teachers” on 29th August, 2015 at Rizvi College.
- Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare
- Orientation Course for programme officers of the National Service Scheme from 29th September, 2015 to 5th October, 2015 at NSS Empanelled Training Institute Ahmednagar College, Ahmednagar.
- Working as a programme officer NSS unit Rizvi College.
- A proposal of minor research project in Physics University of Mumbai is accepted and the grant of Rs. 31000/- has been sanctioned for topic Chemical bath deposition of nano-crystalline CdSe thin films and their use in solar cells conversion device as per letter dt. 8th Feb, 2016.
- Member of International Journal of Research- of Rizvi College, Bandra (West) Mumbai 50.
- Attend two days (14th and 15th April, 2016) International conference on “Dr. Babasahaeb Ambedkar thoughts” organised by Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Government of Maharashtra at University of Mumbai, Fort.
- Extra Curricular Activities of the Department
|Day & Date||Activity||Organised by||No. of Students Attended||No. of Staff Members Attended|
|21st Dec, 2015 to 4th Jan, 2016||Application of Quantum Mechanism||Dept. Of Physics University of Mumbai||One (Mr. Nitesh Yadav F. Y. B.Sc.)||Dr. Rajesh Gowda|
|Friday, 13th January, 2016||Film Show on Astronomy||Nehru Planetarium Worli, Mumbai 18||40||Staff|
|Thursday, 21st Jan, 2016||Talk on “Solar Power Need of future”||Director of M. G. Solar Powertronics||65||Staff|
|Saturday, 6th Feb, 2016||Overnight Sky Observation||Aakash Mitra Mandal, Kalyan||55||Staff|
|Tuesday / Wednesday, 9th & 10th Feb, 2016||Frontiers of Experimental Physics||Wilson College, Mumbai||03 F. Y. B.Sc.||--|
|Saturday, 20th Feb, 2016||Appyfizzics Intercollegiate Competition||R. D. National College, Bandra (West)||02 F. Y. B.Sc.||--|
|11th April to 30th April, 2016||Short term Certificate Course in Laptop repairing “Chip Level”||Font Computer Institute||Under graduate students||Staff|
|11th April to 23rd April, 2016||Summer School in Physics||Wilson College, IAPT||03 F. Y. B.Sc. students||--|
Extra curricular activities are the integral part of the academics which not only increases the interest in students about the curriculum but also makes them to understand the curriculum.
‘Department of Physics’ engaged few activities for the academic year 2015-16 for undergraduate B.Sc. students. The activities were open to all Physics students.
The activities conducted for this academic year are as follows.
i) An Expert Lecture on solar energy.
ii) A Visit to Nehru Planetarium.
iii) An overnight Sky Observation.
- An Expert Lecture on Solar energy
Department organised a seminar on the topic “SOLAR ENERGY NEED OF FUTURE” in association with Science association of the college. Dr. Sudesh Bhagwat – Director of M.G. Solar Powertronics, gave an excellent talk on solar cells, power calculation and power generation. More than 50 students of B.Sc. attended the talk. The event was conducted on Wednesday, 20th January, 2016 in the Physics Laboratory, Staff of Physics, Chemistry attended the same. The event was ended with question answer session.
- A visit to Nehru Planetarium
B. Sc. Physics students visited the Nehru Planetarium on the Thursday, 21st January, 2016 to see a short film on “Our Universe”. Department of Physics was the organising bodies along with the staff of Nehru Planetarium, Worli, Mumbai. The purpose of this activity was to make students to understand our Universe, its origin and cosmos; which is a part of their syllabus at S.Y. / T. Y. B. Sc. Level. Around 45 students and three staff members attended the film show. This show must have helped students to enhance their knowledge of cosmos.
- An overnight sky observation
Department of Physics has organised this event for students on 6th February, 2016 night and 7th February, 2016 morning. 50 students and the staff members (Dr. Abhay Ranade, Mr. Vishwas Deshmukh & Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare) were co-ordinates with “Askash Mitra Mandal”. The programme was conducted at Mamnoli, Kalyan-Murbad Road, around 60 Km away from Bandra.
The main purpose was to explore the night and study different movements of different planets and stars which are visible. We were very specific about the date because of an amazing event in solar system- Five planes was along the same line of vision namely Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, Venus and Mercury.
The team of Aakash Mitra Mandal helped us to explore the sky event started from 7 pm night and continued till next day morning 4.30 am; on 7th Feb, 2016. The students were informed basic about the sky observations, planets etc. An excellent geographical, celestial information was also given.
Event had two sessions- i) on field, means gather in an open ground to observe the dark sky with naked eyes and by means of astronomical telescope. ii) Off field – It is practically impossible to observe the sky upright so few lectures were organised by Aakash Mitra Mandal viz. i) Telescopes ii) Celestial sphere to understand the Physics behind it.
- What we have observed?
Through telescope we have observed Jupiter with its four satellites, the red Mars, different constellations, a hazy structure of nebula, also five planets in a line; a rear phenomenon, and nearest Andromeda galaxy- M32, which is 22000 light year away.
Overall the activity was highly informative and enjoyable.
- Short term course in Laptop maintenance and repairing “Chip Level”
Department of Physics in association with Font Computer Institute have organised a three week short term certificate course in Laptop maintenance and repairing “Chip Level” for under graduate college students from 11th April to 30th April, 2016 in Physics Laboratory.
- The department of Physics has encourage the under graduate students to attend various competitions / certificate courses conducted by University Of Mumbai, Kalina. IAPT, and various other colleges like R. D. National, Wilson, Royal College etc.
- The department also encourage the T.Y.BSc. students to submit the research proposals for “ Visiting student’s research programme-VSRP-2016, TIFR: Mumbai.
- The department took extra efforts to teach syllabus of JAM-2016, Mr. Tarique appeared the exam.
- Students of T. Y. B. Sc. Faced the interview conducted by WIPRO –GE, TCS-Infosys, Mahindra Tech etc.
|Teaching Plan for Academic Year 2016 - 2017|
|Faculty Name||Class||Div||SEM||Subject||Teaching Plan|
|Dr. Abahy Ranade||F.Y.B.Sc||A||I||PHYSICS PAPER II (Optics)( UNIT 2)||Download|
|Dr. Abahy Ranade||S.Y.B.Sc.||A||III||PHYSICS I :Electrostatics & Magnetism ( UNIT 3)||Download|
|Dr. Abahy Ranade||T.Y.B.SC.||A||V||PHYSICS PAPERE II (SOLID STATE PHY)||Download|
|Dr. Abahy Ranade||F.Y.B.Sc||A||II||PHYSICS PAPER II (Electrostatics & Magnetism.U-3)||Download|
|Dr. Abahy Ranade||S. Y. B.SC.||A||IV||PHYSICS II : OPTICS( UNIT-2)||Download|
|Dr. Abahy Ranade||T.Y.B.SC.||A||VI||PHYSICS PAPERE IV(RELATIVITY)||Download|
|Mr. Moharram Ali||F.Y.B.Sc||A||I||Physics Paper-I ( Classical Physics)( Unit-I)||Download|
|Mr. Moharram Ali||S.Y.B.Sc.||A||III||Physics Paper-I (Math. Method & Mech.)(Unit-I & III)||Download|
|Mr. Moharram Ali||T.Y.B.SC.||A||V||Physics Paper-I (Mathematical & Statistical Physics)
(Unit-I, II, III & IV)
|Mr. Moharram Ali||F.Y.B.Sc||A||II||Physics Paper-I ( Mathematical Physics)( Unit-II)||Download|
|Mr. Moharram Ali||S. Y. B.SC.||A||IV||Physics Paper-III (Quantum Mech.)(Unit-II & III)||Download|
|Mr. Moharram Ali||T.Y.B.SC.||A||VI||Physics Paper-I (Classical Mech.)(Unit-I,II,III & IV)||Download|
|Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare||F.Y.B.Sc||A||I||PHYSICS PAPER I (THERMODYNAMICS) ( UNIT 3)
PAPER II (NUECLEAR DETECTOR AND NUCLEAR REACTIONS) (UNIT 3)
|Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare||S.Y.B.Sc.||A||III||PHYSICS PAPER III (THERMODYNAMICS) (UNIT 3)||Download|
|Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare||T.Y.B.SC.||A||V||T.Y.B.SC. : PHYSICS PAPER V ( APPLIED COMPONENT -
|Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare||F.Y.B.Sc||A||II||PHYSICS PAPER II (ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS) (UNIT 3)||Download|
|Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare||S. Y. B.SC.||A||IV||PHYSICS PAPER II (DIGITAL ELECTRONICS) (UNIT 3)
PAPER III (COSMOLOGY AND QUANTUM)
|Mr. Pradnyesh Waghmare||T.Y.B.SC.||A||VI||PHYSICS PAPER V ( APPLIED COMPONENT-ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION-II)||Download|
|F.Y.B.Sc||A||I||PHYSICS PAPER II ( MODERN PHYSICS)( UNIT 3)||Download|
|F.Y.B.Sc||A||II||PHYSICS PAPER I ( S.H.M.)( UNIT 3)||Download|
|S.Y.B.Sc.||A||III||PHYSICS I : MECHANICS ( UNIT 3)
PHYSICS III: THERMODYNAMICS ( UNIT 3)
|S. Y. B.SC.||A||IV||PHYSICS II : ELECTRONICS ( UNIT 1 & 2)||Download|
|T.Y.B.SC.||A||V||PHYSICS PAPER IV (ELECTRODYNAMICS)||Download|
|T.Y.B.SC.||A||VI||PAPER II (ELECTRONICS)||Download|